Monday, November 24, 2008

Boarding

Winter has finally arrived, at least as far as I’m concerned. I went snowboarding for the first time this season on Saturday. I’m not going to lie and say it was a great time. I went to Hyland Park in Bloomington, MN. It has a vertical limit of about 75ft and only about 5 runs open so far. Not exactly Breckenridge, but it did get me excited for the season. One potential problem I see for the season is my old ankle injury. Back in High School I pretty much destroyed my left ankle and have limited mobility in it to this day. Hunting a few weeks ago I sprained it bad again (so bad I actually got a bit light headed). I figured it would be fine since I really didn’t feel much pain just walking around. But I could definitely tell while boarding. It felt like my ankle was being ripped apart. Hopefully that heals up better before I do any serious boarding.

It did feel good to be on a snowboard again…

2 comments:

Veasy said...

Cheers to that. I'm pretty damn excited to find a hill close by and get some weekday boarding in. Gotta work on my jibbing dude!

Assailant.9 said...

Jib away! I'm thinking some sort of boarding trip. You and BLaZE should meet me in the dells for some boarding this winter.