Thursday, November 6, 2008

Intentions

After sitting down to write this first post, I am finding it hard to separate what I would like to actually write about from a flood of other semi-coherent thoughts that are currently flying about my head. Whatever the outcome, I will intend to write about… my intentions.

I intend to keep this blog up to date and interesting. However ill conceived that notion is. I’ve seen so many of my friends’ blogs start out strong with new posts every day or so. They write about interesting, well thought out topics. The sky is the limit. But a month passes, maybe two, and the blog has since transformed into a shell of its previous brilliance. Suddenly the blog is used for nothing more than a glorified Facebook status message, then nothing, nothing at all. I’ll try to not let that happen.

Notice that I said previously that I would try to keep this blog interesting. Interest is in the eye of the beholder… I’ll be using my eyes. My intention is for this to be a place for me to address anything. Be it about an interesting problem I am trying to solve at work, an update on how my endeavors for hunting went, or the latest breaking news relating my personal interests. And I’m sure I’ll have a post or two about what grinds my gears (hello, lawsuit from Seth MacFarlane).

I also intend to compose my posts with a degree of competence. I will be the first to admit- I am not the most literary person in the world. I’m sure my grammar and vocabulary leave a bit to be desired. But what can you really expect from a developer? I’m more concerned with the syntax of the code I write as opposed to if I have a run-on sentence. Let’s face it, the best I can hope for is that Word catches my spelling errors and I have the presence of mind to proof-read these things occasionally.

Finally, I intend to keep things PG, you know- for the kids… (I wonder how long that will last)




What did you expect, a novel?

1 comment:

BLaZE said...

Welcome to the internet Assailant, we've been expecting you.

As for PG. I kind of did that for awhile. But it's definitely not who I am. So as of my last post, I think I made steps towards fixing that.

PS, in your customize settings, take "Word verification" from your comments. Thanks. Godspeed.