Monday, January 5, 2009

Norton.. Pwnage Edition

It horrifies me that corporations would do this. How dare they use our coveted word. 'Pwn' is sacred to gamers and the fact that a corporation as big as Symantec would use it for marketing reasons is slightly revolting. Sure it means that the gaming industry has made it to mainstream, but is that really a good thing? Soon every douchebag that needs to be with the 'in' crowd will say it! Unfortunately, it may be time to retire this glorious word... before it is transformed into a vile, horrid shell of what it once was. I really hope 'pwn' and all of its glorious forms doesn't become as overused as 'FAIL'.



For those of you that can’t read the image- get glasses. Or simply go to Symantec’s website and scroll over “Norton Gaming” on the lower right.

Oh, and nice generic Master Chief in the picture, Norton… Have I said ‘I hate you’ yet today?

2 comments:

BLaZE said...

Goddamnit, all this mainstream gamer speak... Now I know what the Goths feel like when everyone jumped on the vampire wagon.

I signed up for a Gears of War 2 xbox give-a-way a week ago for one of their zunes. After submitting a form it said "Now go out and pwn some noobs."

A tear of shame welled up in my eyes as if Bill Gates himself uttered the sentence to me.

Veasy said...

lol the leets get pwned. lmfaobbq!!!!!1